It does not take the place of talking to your doctor or pharmacist.
All medicines have risks and benefits. Your doctor has weighed the risks of you using Deca-Durabolin against the benefits they expect it will have for you.
A doctor’s prescription is required to obtain this medicine.
If you have any concerns about using this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start using this medicine because it contains important information for you.
Keep this information with the pack.
You may need to read it again.
This medicine has been prescribed for you only. Do not pass it on to others. It may harm them, even if their signs of illness are the same as yours.
If you get any side effects talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
What Deca-Durabolin is used for
Deca-Durabolin is a clear yellow oily solution for injection containing 50 mg/ml of the active ingredient nandrolone decanoate.
It is used to treat:
- osteoporosis (loss of bone tissue)
- certain types of anaemia
- breast cancer (in women)
- patients on long term corticosteroids.
It belongs to a group of medicines known as anabolic steroids.
These medicines help to rebuild tissues that have become weak because of continuing illness or serious injury. Deca-Durabolin can be used to increase lean body mass in the case of negative nitrogen balance. It can also be used to increase bone mass and stimulate the formation of red blood cells in the bone marrow.
Your doctor may have prescribed it for another reason.
Ask your doctor if you have any questions about why this medicine has been prescribed for you.
Ability to drive or operate machinery.
As far as is known, Deca-Durabolin has no adverse effect on driving and using machines.
Before you use Deca-Durabolin
When you must not use it
Do not use Deca-Durabolin if:
- you are a man and have or have had cancer of the prostate or the breast,or are suspected of having one of these tumours. You also should have had an examination by your physician to exclude any abnormalities of the genital organs.
- you have kidney disease
- you have liver disease
- you have heart failure
- you are allergic to nandrolone decanoate, or any of the ingredients listed at the end of this leaflet
- you are allergic to peanuts or soya
- you are a child below the age of 3 years
- it is past the expiry date or the packaging shows signs of tampering.
Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
It may give increased male characteristics to an unborn baby and should not be used during pregnancy.
Do not breastfeed if you are using this medicine.
It may have a virilising effect on your baby and the amount of active ingredient excreted in breast milk is unknown.